The Tiracol Fort is located to the north side of the banks of the Terekhol
River. This fort dates back to 16th century. It stands 42 Km from Panjim. The
Tiracol Fort was rebuilt in 1764 AD after the invasion by the Portuguese. Presently
the Tiracol Fort has been converted into a heritage hotel from where the tourists
can view the enchanting views of the vast Arabian Sea.
Attractions of the Fort
The old Church of St. Anthony is located at the courtyard of the Tiracol Fort. It remains open only on special occasions. This church is full of light that adorns the beauty of the Church. The huge rooms of this Church now serve the purpose of multi-cuisine bar and restaurant. All these rooms are equipped with modern facilities. The nearest bus stand to the fort is at Panjim, 50 Km from the fort. The local bus and taxi ensure nice connectivity to the rest parts of Goa.